Monday, January 21, 2013

Writer's Block

I can't think of much to say right now.  I don't have anything profound to say.  Even our daily lives are fairly mundane and not filled with too much excitement, which is fine, it just doesn't give me much to write about.  Last week I started jogging again after not having jogged for 2 1/2 weeks being sick.  I'm trying to catch up to my running routine to be on schedule for the 1/2 marathon in May.  On Wednesday last week, I subbed again.  I subbed for grades 5 & 6.  I really enjoyed it.  I miss teaching and hope that I can go back to it someday in some capacity.  Sam & Simon had dental visits on Thursday.  It was Simon's first visit to the dentist.  He did pretty well; he let her polish one tooth.  Maybe we can hope for more on the next visit.  On Thursday evening Jeff took Daniel to a basketball game.  It was Gonzaga against Portland State.  Gonzaga won, they were happy.  The boys had follow-up ear exams on Friday.  Their ears checked out as healed from their infections, so that is good.  They also had flu shots.  Sam & Simon took theirs bravely; Daniel, not as much.  On Saturday I got to spend some time catching up with my good friend Hannah who was visiting from out of town.  Her husband, Ryan, who is also friends with Jeff, took the kids on a hike.  It was cold, but sunny, so it made for a nice hike.  Although, I think they were a bit tired when all was done. 

Simon

Getting his tooth polished

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best cure for writer's block is to just write! But I've been there, too. I'll often have things I want to say but that I don't feel passionate about at the time. Passion is as key to writing as anything... Luckily, you have a beautiful family, and that's something to be passionate about! That's great that you're able to do some subbing. I taught 4th-6th grade last year and enjoyed it more than I can say! It's so fun to get to know your students. We were like a little family... I too hope to get back into teaching someday. And hopefully abroad!

    Miss you and your family! And good luck training for your half marathon! You just might inspire me to to try to do one... One of these days...

    ReplyDelete