Monday, January 14, 2013

Feeling Better (Normal)


It always amazes me how much I take my health for granted until I get sick.  And then I am so thankful for getting better (and hopefully not getting sick again).  This past week I was up and down with feeling better.  I would have a good day and then a bad day.  I subbed last Wednesday and while I did pretty good throughout the day, by that evening, I was exhausted and had to go to bed early.  I was resting every afternoon when the boys were napping.  I was trying to do a little cleaning each day just so the house wouldn't go another week without being cleaned.  But it's the little things I appreciate too.  For example, we went out to dinner last week.  I know to some that might not seem like a big deal, but for me to just get out of the house and enjoy a dinner out with my little family felt somehow normal again.  By last Friday I finally felt like I was turning a corner and beginning to beat this 2 1/2 week illness.  I went to church on Saturday, again, not that outrageous of an idea, but it helped me feel normal again.  I even went for a short jog on Sunday, and that was nice, to feel like maybe I could ease back into jogging again.  This morning I did preschool with Sam again and took him to Kindermusik.  Again, another thing we hadn't done since before we all got sick, so it was nice to be doing our normal activities.  I hope you are staying healthy and well, and have a wonderful week!
Simon Enjoying Sabbath School




Being Nurturing

No comments:

Post a Comment