Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Memory Lane via Skate Plaza

Last week we were at my parent's house in CDA for a few days.  Since it was raining basically the entire time, we found some fun rainy day activities to keep us busy.  One of the things we did was go to Skate Plaza and go roller skating.  This is THE place to go roller skating, or probably the only place in CDA to go roller skating.  Either way, it was so much fun, because this was a big part of my childhood growing up.  As a kid, every Thursday afternoon, my dad would take me to Skate Plaza.  It was practically empty this time of day, and I had plenty of time and space to learn how to skate.  As I got older, it was a fun jr. high activity to get dropped off there on Monday night, otherwise known as the Christian music night.  Some of the fun songs we listened to, "Tide is High" or "9 to 5" or perhaps "Whip It!" jump to mind and bring back fun memories  It was just fun to go back there now and experience this with my own kids. 

Sam Gets the Hang of It

Daniel Having Fun

Shy Sam and Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment