Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Shamrock Run

This past weekend, I did what is known as the Shamrock Fun Run here in Portland.  They have a 5K, an 8K and a 15K.  I decided to challenge myself and sign up for the 15K.  I figured it would be a good run to see if I'm ready for the half marathon coming up in May.  My only worry were the hills in the 15K.  And they didn't disappoint.  The distance wasn't so hard, but the hills really worked me.  It was still so much fun though.  I've realized that I really enjoy running and doing races from time to time.  There is such an energy with all of the runners.  People are usually in good spirits and excited to be out doing something fun.  Running for me has become a way of doing something fun for myself.  I enjoy getting the exercise and trying to be healthy.  We didn't have a chance to take pictures.  At the end of the race we were all cold and wet, as it had been raining pretty hard the last 3 miles.    But I still had a lot of fun, and I hope to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment