Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Whistler Trip 2016

Today was our last day skiing at Whistler.  We started by heading up the mountain on one of their gondolas.  We got up and started skiing down a green easy run which was a trail.  It was icy and narrow, so Simon and Sam got tired rather quickly.  When we got to the bottom, we decided to split up, so Jeff took Daniel and Sam up to the top to go on the Peak to Peak gondola, and Simon and I took a little break.

After lunch we skied one time down the Magic Chair to get our confidence back.  After that, we decided we would ride the gondola up to the top of the mountain.  We weren't sure if we would ski, but we did want to look around at the beautiful views.  When we got to the top, it was gorgeous.  We decided to ski down one run and then took a chair back up to the top.  After a little break in the lodge, we took the gondola back down the mountain.  I knew that it would be too much for Simon to ski down, it's a long way back down.

Then we headed back to our hotel.  I know it sounds like we didn't ski that much, but the rides today we took were much longer and the runs were a lot longer too.  I wanted to make sure I didn't wear him out and I really wanted him to enjoy the day, so we took it easy.  He did really well skiing too and is beginning to make turns while going down the mountain.  I'm so proud of all 3 boys as they have really learned how to ski.



Simon and I skiing down "Ego Bowl" with the beautiful view behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment