Sunday, March 16, 2014

Resolutions 2014 Update

We are roughly one quarter through 2014.  I thought I'd update this blog with a mention of how my resolutions are going so far this new year.  I mainly do this for me as a way to check in and make sure I'm doing the best I can.  I find that when I make a resolution public it makes it more real for me somehow.

Here is a review of the resolutions:
1.  I want to run 1,000 miles this year.  I was about 50 short this year.  I think if I add a mile a week that should be close to hitting the 1,000 mile mark.  I want to keep doing races, but the races won't be part of my resolution.
UPDATE: I feel like I'm on track to reach 1,000 miles this year.  I also signed up to do a marathon in October and I figure with the extra training I will do for that, I should reach 1,000 miles.

2.  I want to read at least 10 books this year.  I get stuck reading magazines or the newspaper, and I don't read that many books.  I want to change that and do more book reading this year.
UPDATE: I'm not doing very well with this one.  I read one book, and was on track to average a book every 6 weeks, but then the Olympics came, and I found myself watching more TV than reading books.  So hopefully I can regain my momentum and eventually reach this goal.

3.  Continue giving away at least one bag of things a month.  I fell behind last year, and since we will be moving in a year (or two), I'd like to get rid of more stuff!
UPDATE:  This one has been easy for me so far.  I've given away several bags of things so far.  I just hope I can continue to do this so we don't accumulate more stuff!

4.  Continue spending time with Jeff on a regular basis.  Last year it was trying to get away at least every other month without the kids.  I'd like to continue that.
UPDATE:  We are trying our best with this one, but our last attempt to get away for the weekend, a snowstorm hit Portland and we couldn't even leave our house.  We may just have to settle for a date night every once in a while and still try to get away for a future weekend.

5.  More blogs!  I want to keep writing.
UPDATE:  I think I am keeping up with my blogging so far.  My goal is at least once a week, or more if I have time.  I am staying with this so far.

6.  Go off Facebook.  I will be deleting my account on January 1.
UPDATE: This one was not too hard.  I have been able to stay away from FB.  I think there have been a couple of times where I've wanted to email someone through FB, and I just need to get their phone number of email address.  I have found myself trying to reach out to more people on an individual basis, and that was one of my goals for leaving FB, so I feel like this is working.  I don't know yet if I will start another account at the end of the year.  I will think more on this one.

Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment