Monday, June 17, 2013

3 Events

For many people, this past weekend was filled with exciting events.  Of course there was Father's Day.  And I am sure there were graduations, weddings and many other fun ways to spend the weekend.  Here in our family, we also celebrated the weekend.  It started on Friday night when we went to Jeff's graduation from residency.  They had a dinner and presentation.  It was held at the Multnomah Club.  Jeff's parents, his sister and her husband, my parents and the boys and I were there.  For me, it was wonderful to see him reach this milestone.  He has worked so hard.  In some ways it feels like it can't be 3 years already since we moved here and began the residency journey.  And in other ways, I wasn't sure if it would ever end.  I'm glad it's behind us, and now Jeff is working as Chief Resident for the next year.

The second event for us this weekend was that Jeff and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on Saturday.  My parents were here, so they watched the boys and Jeff and I got away for the day.  We had a wonderful day.  We had a picnic at Washington Park.  We talked about what we had learned in the past year and what our goals were for the next year.  He took me to dinner at Nostrana, a favorite for us.  Again, I can't believe it has been 10 years already.  It doesn't feel like it has been that long. 

The third event this weekend was celebrating Father's Day.  Jeff wanted to go to Sauvie's Island and do some berry picking.  So we went out there.  We picked some berries, then we had a hay ride.  We enjoyed some strawberry shortcake.  Then, we went out to dinner at McMenamins.  They have a nice outdoor area to sit, and it was such a nice day.  It was very enjoyable.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment