Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Human Body

I have been amazed at what the human body is capable of, especially for us women.  One year ago,  I looked like this.
39 Weeks Pregnant with Simon   
Back then, I could barely eek out walking for 2 miles.  And that was on a good day.  I remember when I started exercising and trying to lose the baby weight.  It was about 2 months after having Simon, and we had moved to our house here on the west side, which is very hilly.  I went out for one of my first jogs and realized how out of shape I was when I came to the first hill and had to walk.  It didn't help that a jogger happened by and jogged quickly past me.  I wanted to tell her, "Hey, I just had a baby!"  I just had to keep at it.  I was on a mission to lose the 45 pounds I had gained with this pregnancy.  (Which I'm happy to report I've lost all but 3).  And so I kept at the jogging.  Sometime around December, I was asked if I wanted to be part of a team to run Hood to Coast.  I jumped at the chance.  Not only did it seem like a great opportunity, but I also knew it would motivate me to get back in shape.  And one year later, with 2 weeks to go till HTC, I can now jog several miles a day.  And once again, I am just amazed at what a body can go through in a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment