Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Pacific Crest Day 2

Saturday, the 2nd day of our weekend in Sunriver, was the day of my race.  I did the half marathon.  The weather was cooler than it had been the year before, so I felt that would be helpful in my overall time.  My goal was to try and run about an 8:30 pace and beat my time from 2 years previous.  I started out feeling pretty good.  I stuck to the pace, although I felt like I could run faster.  As the miles ticked off, I was glad I hadn't gone out too fast.  I started to get tired, but I felt like I could maintain that pace.  As the race neared the end, I somehow thought I was way off pace, so I started to push myself, only to find out that I was still holding steady at about 8:30.  I was worried I wouldn't beat my time.  I ran as hard and as fast as I could.  And when I finished, I had beat my time from a couple of minutes.  I was so happy!  I also ended up placing 3rd in my ago division.  So at awards time I got a little recognition.  Overall, I was happy with my race.

I have no pics at this time.  I'll try to find some and download them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment