Saturday, September 3, 2016

An Update

It has been a long time since I've blogged.  And as usual, things have gotten much busier and I just haven't had time to do a lot of writing.  My hope is that as things settle down, I will have time again to continue with pictures and updates as to what we are doing.

But the new big news is that I am teaching 3rd grade this year.  I got the call about 2 weeks before school started.  At the end of last year, the hope was that I would teach Kindergarten again, but as the summer went on, we didn't have very many Kindergarten students signing up and the 3rd grade class continued to grow.  So the natural progression was to separate 3rd grade into 2 classrooms, and I would teach the other class.  I knew this was a possibility about half way through the summer, but I didn't know for sure until the last minute.  So I wasn't able to prepare all summer long as I like to do.  I had 2 weeks to change my classroom from looking like a Kindergarten room to a 3rd grade room.  I have also had to learn all about the curriculum for 3rd grade and become acquainted with what I am teaching.  I have been overwhelmed!  We started school this past week, and things went well.  I really enjoy the kids and I think I am going to like teaching 3rd grade.  But it is different and I need to prepare lesson plans with more detail and careful planning.  So it is going to be more work.  Also, there will be more grading.  But I am excited about the challenge and looking forward to it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment