Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pints to Pasta 2015

On September 13, I ran in the Pints to Pasta race here in Portland.  In the past it has been a 10K run, but this year they added the half marathon.  I still decided to only run the 10K.  In the past, the route was all downhill, crossing one of the bridges in Portland, running along the waterfront and finishing at the Spaghetti Factory.  It was a very beautiful running route.

This year the route was a little different.  The very end had an uphill finish, running through a bit of downtown Portland, and then going back downhill.  I'm not sure I liked this route as well, and I am hoping they change it back the way it was in years past.  Also this year, they started 15 minutes late because people hadn't arrived at the start line yet.  They have to shuttle the runners of the 10K to the start line, then people run back to the finish.  I felt like if people are late getting on the shuttle bus, that's their own fault, and the race should have started on time.  The last complaint I had was that the port-o-potties normally at the start line were about a 1/2 mile away.  The official said they were bringing more closer to the start line.  But it took them about 40 minutes to actually do this.  That was annoying as well.

I hope they work out the kinks from this years race and have a better race next year.  Because normally I really like this race.  The weather is great, the route is fun.  I'll have to see about next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment