Monday, May 25, 2015

Hippie Chick 2015

This year I ran the Hippie Chick 1/2 Marathon again.  This was my 4th year in a row running this race.  I really enjoy this race. It's a mostly flat race with just a little bit of hills.  And the weather is usually sunny.  I wasn't sure how I would do.  I had been feeling a little sick the week before, and I took most of the week off from running to rest up for the race.  But I was really determined to try and beat my time from the year before.

I got there early, picked up my packet, and mostly waited in my car for the race to start.  It was sunny but a little chilly.  I'm glad it wasn't too hot though.  Then, as time neared for the race to start, I made my way to the honey bucket one last time, then took my place in line.  They had pacers, and I tried to place myself close to a pace I wanted to run, but I really wanted to run somewhere in between, so I tried to stay between the 8:30 pacer and the 9:00 pacer.  We took off, and I just did the best I could.  And I finished with a time that had me beating my previous race time by a little under a minute and a half.  I was really happy about that.

My parents were there as well as Jeff and the boys.  It was nice to have them there to cheer me on at the finish.  We took a few pics, then I rested while the boys played on a nearby playground.  Soon we went home, and I relaxed for the rest of the day.

Leaving the House

My friend Trisha who ran too

No comments:

Post a Comment