Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Shamrock Run Weekend Part 2

Sunday morning, my sisters and I (along with Gary) got up early to catch the Max and head down to the Waterfront where the Shamrock Run starts.  We were hoping the rain would wait for us to finish our runs first, but it started raining on our way down to the race.  We got there early, then stood under some shelter to keep from getting too wet before we started running.  My race started first (I ran the 1/2 marathon), so I left them to go wait in line.  Then our group was off.  It was raining, and it really didn't stop at all.  We were soaked by the time it was all over.  My sisters ran the 8K.  Ironically, we all 3 finished about the same time.  We walked around a little bit, but then we were cold and wet, so we headed back home and back to some hot showers and food.  We were all glad we had done it, even if it wasn't a nice sunny run.

At the House, Getting Ready to Leave
Waiting for Max
Staying Dry Before the Race
My Sisters, After They Finished
Finished!
Done! 
Bridge Pose
Silly Pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment