Thursday, June 26, 2014

Resolution Mid-Year Update

It's time for me to check in and see how I'm doing with my resolutions for 2014.  I'm coming up on the 1/2 year mark.  Here's a recap:

1.  I want to run 1,000 miles this year.  I was about 50 short last year.  I think if I add a mile a week that should be close to hitting the 1,000 mile mark.  I want to keep doing races, but the races won't be part of my resolution.
UPDATE: I feel like I'm on track to reach 1,000 miles this year.  Right now I'm at around 530 miles, so I'm a little over half way.  And since my training for the marathon is going to intensify, I think I will be able to reach this goal.

2.  I want to read at least 10 books this year.  I get stuck reading magazines or the newspaper, and I don't read that many books.  I want to change that and do more book reading this year.
UPDATE: I'm still struggling with this one a little bit.  Although, I'm currently reading 2 books right now, and I've read a couple so far.  I have plans to read a couple more when I'm done with my current books.  So I haven't given up on this one yet, but it is going to take a little more work.

3.  Continue giving away at least one bag of things a month.  I fell behind last year, and since we will be moving in a year (or two), I'd like to get rid of more stuff!
UPDATE:  I have still been averaging about 2 bags or more a month.  So I feel really good about this one, but I'm happy to keep giving away even more!

4.  Continue spending time with Jeff on a regular basis.  Last year it was trying to get away at least every other month without the kids.  I'd like to continue that.
UPDATE:  Our time away has been sporadic, but we did get away together for a weekend in May, and this July we are going to Cabo for 5 days, so that feels like a real treat.  Hopefully we can keep up this tradition of getting away.

5.  More blogs!  I want to keep writing.
UPDATE:  I think I am keeping up with my blogging so far.  My goal is at least once a week, or more if I have time.  I am staying with this so far.

6.  Go off Facebook.  I will be deleting my account on January 1.
UPDATE: I haven't missed facebook much.  A couple of times I've wondered what people are up to.  But I try to keep in touch with people through other means, like emails, texts, visits or phone calls.  I still haven't decided if I will start up my account again after the first of the year.

So that's it, my 1/2 year update!

No comments:

Post a Comment