Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cake Wars Part 2

This past week I attempted cake #2.  It is a chocolate cake with ganache and mousse fillings.  I started on the cake in the morning.  It took about an hour to make the cake, then I baked it and let it cool.  In the afternoon I made the mousse.  That also took about an hour.  I had to let it chill in the refrigerator.   Just before dinner I made the ganache.  Then I put the layers together.  It had to chill again before eating.  I opted out of the cashew brittle.  That seemed a little out of my baking range.  Overall, it tasted yummy.  Although it did take a lot of work and a lot of time, I was glad to have made it.  I won't be making it a lot, but I would make it again.  I think it would be fun to make the cake and put other layers between it such as a whip cream or frosting layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment