Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bridge to Brews 2014

Today was the Bridge to Brews 10K Run here in Portland.  I did this run 2 years ago.  It's a fun run that goes over 2 of Portland's Bridges and the 10K is a nice distance to run.  The weather couldn't decide if it wanted to rain a little or let the sun break through, and in the end, it stayed dry enough to get the run finished.  This run also includes a kids 1/2 mile fun run.  Daniel did this 2 years ago and wanted to do it again this year.  He did great!  He finished 4th of about 30-40 kids!  We are so proud of him.  He is showing some interest in doing races, so it may be time to sign him up for a 5K.  I really enjoyed the race today.  The only con was that I had to go to the bathroom, so between mile 2 and 3 I made a quick pit-stop.  This run goes through downtown Portland, and as I said previously, goes over 2 bridges which is fun.  I was also pleased with my time.  I beat my time of 2 years ago by about a minute.  It's always fun when I can improve my time.  Here's a look back:

the boys playing before race time

pre-race photo

ready to run

finishing strong

mommy and son pic

yeah! did it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment