Monday, February 17, 2014

My Own Cake Wars

I recently purchased my 2014 wall calendar.  By recently, I mean I bought it towards the end of January.  I actually got it for a pretty cheap price.  The calendar I picked out for myself is a "Martha Stewart cake for each month Calendar".  It has a picture on each month, but even more fun is the recipe cards for how to make each one of these cakes.  I decided to challenge myself this year and make each one of these cakes.  Unfortunately I'm starting a little behind because I bought this calendar so late in January.  So I just made January's cake last week, on Valentine's Day in fact.  (I will need to hurry up and make February's cake).  January's cake is a chocolate beet cake with chocolate frosting and beet chips.  Although I am nowhere near Martha Stewart's abilities in cooking or baking, I thought this cake turned out pretty well.  It was fun to try.  Check back for more cakes, as I attempt to make them all (at some point) this year.

My Cake
Martha Stewart's Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment