Friday, July 5, 2013

Swim Lessons 2013

The past 2 weeks the boys have been in swim lessons.  They go every day for 30 minutes each day for 2 weeks.  We've done this for many summers, and they really enjoy it.  This is the first summer I haven't had to be in the pool with one of them, so it was fun for me to sit and watch all of their activity. 

Daniel has really mastered the act of swimming.  This is the first summer that I feel confident that he can swim on his own.  I'm so proud of his progress.  Also I think his form is really good.  These last 2 weeks, he has learned side breathing with the breaststroke and has started to learn the backstroke. 

Practicing his Breaststroke





Sam is like a fish that is almost an independent swimmer.  He loves the water and enjoys splashing and playing.  He has no problem going under water or getting his face wet, etc.  He prefers to stay in the areas where he can touch though.  He also learned side breathing and the breaststroke this summer.  I'm sure by next summer he'll be swimming on his own.

Learning his Side Breathing

I wasn't sure Simon would be ready for a class by himself, but he proved to do just as well as his brothers.  He was so eager to get in the water each day.  He enjoys being in the water and playing, although he still is getting used to having his face all wet.  He learned to blow bubbles this summer.  He is quite comfortable in the water, and I know he'll be swimming too, along with his brothers.

Blowing Bubbles

Strike a Pose

Waiting for Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment