Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fathers

Last Sunday, being Father's Day, I was reminded how lucky I am to have 3 wonderful fathers in my life.  First is my dad.  As I look back over my life, I realize just how much he has taught me.  Maybe it was the teacher in him, or maybe it's just what fathers do.  He taught me how to drive.  He taught me how to work out my problems and not always fix things for me.  He taught me what it means to give. 

Another important father in my life is my father-in-law.  He has helped me at times the past 10 years.  I feel lucky to have him in my life.  He always listens and is willing to lend a hand when we need it.  He spends time with our boys.  He is always friendly and kind to everyone. 


Jeff is also a very important father that I feel lucky to be sharing my life with.  Not only is he a great husband, but he is always a great father.  I think one of the things I value the most about him as a father is that he takes time for the boys.  He takes them on hikes.  Or spends time with them at home either in the garden or reading a story or playing a game or cooking.  He teaches them things.  When the boys ask a question he pushes them to think not only about the question, but about something else tied in with the question.  He encourages them to think.  He is also very patient with the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment