Monday, November 28, 2011

Thansgiving 2011

This year for Thanksgiving we went to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to see my parents.  It's about a 6 hour drive with a couple of stops along the way.  The boys do okay with this trip, although they are always happy when it's over and we arrive.  We left after Daniel was out of school on Wednesday and drove over.  We were met with happy grandparents and a warm dinner before heading to bed.  Thanksgiving morning it was nice to wake up and even sleep in a little.  I always enjoy watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Jeff says his favorite part is seeing Santa, knowing the end of the parade is near.  But he's gracious enough to let me watch it.  It's also great to have my mom making dinner and I get to relax a bit.  Jeff and I took a walk before dinner to prep for the eating.  Thanksgiving dinner was yummy.  We had a Fri-Chick Stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, bread, and of course pumpkin and apple pie.  Friday morning my mom and I headed out to do some Christmas shopping.  We were not one of those who got up in the middle of the night to catch the deals.  I love my sleep too much to give that up.  But we did head out and caught a couple of deals.  Friday my sister and the cousins came over to play.  The boys love seeing their cousins, and that's fun for them.  Saturday we spent with my family again.  And in the evening Jeff and I went out and did a little Christmas shopping of our own.  Sunday we headed back home.  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I hope yours was too!
The Family

Daniel & I

Grandma & Sam

Sam, Grandpa & Daniel

Emma & Simon

Daniel & Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment