Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hippie Chick

Last weekend, I ran in the Hippie Chick Half Marathon race.  This was my 5th year in a row running this race.  I really enjoy the course, and it comes at a good time in the year when the weather is usually nice.

This year the weather was a bit warmer than I like.  When the race started, it was already in the low 60's.  I was trying to improve on my time from last year.  I started at the back of the pack, so I was running too fast to try and catch up with the pacer that I wanted to run with.  I probably shouldn't have run so fast at the start, because by about mile 4, I was starting to feel too hot.  I slowed down, and thought I might still have time to catch up with the pacer.  But I never really got back into it.  It got warmer and I got slower.  I was able to finish in under 2 hours, which is always my goal for a half marathon, but I wasn't able to improve on my time from last year.  At the end of the race it was in the low 70's.  It was just too warm to go any faster.  I tried, but that was the best I could do.  There's always next year!

Ready to Run

With Simon and Sam

Some Friends with me Before it Starts

No comments:

Post a Comment