Monday, October 13, 2014

I'm Back...I think

I'm sorry I haven't been writing as much lately.  Things have been so busy lately.  Last month, I subbed for 2 1/2 weeks straight!  Then, the week after that, I went in to help administer some tests and then subbed again last Thursday and Friday.  So I literally worked for 3 1/2 weeks.  I was beginning to get a real feel for what going back full time would feel like.  And the funny thing is, I really enjoyed it!  I loved being in the classroom again, and I enjoyed getting to know the students.  The down side to this is that I get so behind with things that I normally do at home.  Jeff and I talk about what life would be like if I went back to work full time, and we both realize some things would have to change around here.  Managing housework, meals, errands would all take some reconsidering.  But now things are back to normal, and I am looking forward to a regular week.  I've missed hanging out with Simon, too.  While I was subbing, he went to preschool.  I was a little nervous about letting him go, but he loved it, and I was happy for him.  But I missed him terribly.  I'm not ready to let him go full time.  However, since he loved it so much, we have decided to let him go a couple of half days a week.  We hadn't planned on doing that this year, but things have a way of changing and taking on a life of their own.  I've just decided to roll with it.  And if that means I do or don't go back to work full time sometime, I'm okay with that too!

While I've been away...
...Simon hung out at school...

...Sam lost a tooth or two...
...and we've done some hikes!



No comments:

Post a Comment