Friday, August 29, 2014

Back to School

I can't believe it!  The boys just finished their first week of school.  They went back last Monday, Aug. 25.  Where did the summer go?  I'm happy to say that they were so excited about going back.  I think there were a few nerves about having a new teacher and starting a new grade, but they seem to have adjusted well this week.  They even said they were thankful for school in our morning worship as a thank you to Jesus!  How precious.  I'm so glad they love school.  Daniel is in 3rd grade this year.  His class has been divided in half for that past 2 years, so now they are all together.  Sam is in 1st grade this year, and unfortunately for him, his class is divided up for the next 2 years.  He will quickly make new friends, I am sure.  For now, Simon is staying home with me.  I am still undecided about what to do with him.  Should I do preschool for him this year?  Next year?  Should he start Kindergarten next year?  He is very smart, I'm just worried about him being the youngest in his class.  Yesterday when we were taking our very heavy load of books back to the library, he tried to help me carry them.  He grunted and said, "These must weigh about 50 pounds!".  And I too agreed they were very heavy.  After we had unloaded the bag, he picked it up again and said, "Now it weighs just 1 pound and I can carry it, see?"  Yes, I commented, but then thought to myself, how does he now what 50 pounds is versus 1 pound?  I just thought that was so clever for him to say.

First Morning of School

Display of New Backpack and Lunch Box

Silly Pic

Daniel at his desk
All 3 boys and Daniel's seatmate and friend, Abiola
Sam at his desk
Simon & Sam

Sam's class getting their first instructions






No comments:

Post a Comment