Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1st Days of School

On Monday, it was Daniel's first day back to school after summer vacation.  He's in 2nd grade this year.  He was very excited about going back and seeing all of his friends.  His first day back was only a 1/2 day, and when it was over, he told me, "I wish today had been a full day!"  He had a great first day back at school.  He has the same teacher as last year.  He's in a 1 & 2 grade combo, and I think he likes being one of the older kids this year who can help the younger students adjust.


On Wednesday, it was Sam's turn to start his first day of school.  He's at the same school as Daniel.  This is Sam's first time going to school, and I've been wondering for a long time how he would feel about it.  But he has been very excited.  He's in Kindergarten this year.  He told me this morning, "I'm so excited to go to school!"  He was tired when I picked him up from school today but also seemed glad to have gone to school, too.  I think he's going to be fine. 


As for Simon and I, we had a quiet day at home.  I think having Sam start school is going to be more of an adjustment for me than Sam.  Simon was happy to play here at home by himself, but I think he missed his brothers.  And he did tell me last night, "I go school, too."  So I'm sure he wishes he could go with his brothers.  But for this year at least, it will be just him and I.  I'm looking forward to some time alone with Simon.  I can't imagine what I'll do when all 3 are in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment