Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Break 2013

I took a vacation from my blog.  We were away a couple of weeks ago on a trip down to N. California.  Then last week I came back and subbed for 3 days, and then I tried to catch up on Thursday before flying down to San Francisco to spend the weekend with Jeff.

We had a wonderful trip in California.  We stayed the first 3 nights in the Placerville area with our friends Nathan & Lori.  They hosted a lovely dinner on Friday night with many of our former students.  It was fun to visit and catch up with them.  On Saturday, we went to church and were able to visit with other friends from the days when we used to live there.   After church, we went to my sister's house where she was hosting a wonderful family reunion.  It was so great to see family that I hadn't seen in many years.  It was also neat to get the 2nd generation of cousins together too and let them play with one another.  On Sunday we celebrated Easter with my sister too.  My parents and other sister/family were also there, so it was really a fun way to spend the holiday.  On Monday we left for St. Helena, but we first stopped at the Railroad Museum in Old Town Sacramento.  In St. Helena we stayed with my cousins.  On Tuesday we hung out in St. Helena, eating at some fun places and letting the boys play in the park.  Tuesday evening, Rodney & Margaret (my cousins) hosted a delicious dinner with many of our family who live in the Napa Valley area.  Again, it was so much fun to see people and catch up on what everyone is doing.  On Wednesday we took the boys to San Francisco.  We drove over Golden Gate Bridge, visited Ghiradelli Square, rode the trolley car, walked through Union Square, drove down Lombard St. and ate a wonderful Thai dinner before heading back to St. Helena.  On Thursday we drove to the Redwoods.  We spent Friday hiking in the woods and playing on the beach.  And on Saturday, it was time to drive back home.  We had a great time.  On my next blog, I will try to post some pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment