Friday, March 1, 2013

The Urge to Purge!

I'm getting the urge to purge again.  Every once in a while I just feel so overwhelmed with all of the STUFF we have in the house, and I just want to start giving everything away.  One of my new year's resolutions this year was to give at least one bag of stuff away.  I don't think this will be a difficult task for me.  The first month I gave about 6 bags of stuff away.  And last month I gave away at least 2 bags of stuff, but not for lack of stuff to give away, more like lack of time to go through things.  We are also finding that as Simon gets older, we are no longer needing all of the baby stuff.  We are finally moving past that stage, which seems hard to believe at times.  So, it's time to get rid of the high chair, the stroller and soon the crib. 

Another thing I worry about is all of the toys and things that the boys have.  Do they have too much stuff?  What message am I sending about greed and want?  How do I teach them to appreciate their things, be thankful for their things and see that in the world there are lots of boys and girls who are not so fortunate as them.  We talk about it with them, but are they really getting it?  Of course they are still young, so hopefully we still have some time to work on this. 

I think I'll go through another box.

This has nothing to do with purging.  I just thought it was a cute pic of the boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment