Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day

I really enjoy each holiday.  Valentine's Day was our most recent holiday and to celebrate it, I tried to do some special things for the boys.  Before the big day, the boys made cards for family, and I mailed those off.  Daniel also chose to make all of his cards this year for his class.  He did this last year, too.  It's a big job for him.  It took him about 3 weeks to accomplish this year.  I'm glad we started early.  On Valentine's morning, the boys had received gifts from their grandparents earlier in the week.  I held on to them, and then let the boys open them on Valentine's morning.  For breakfast I made them heart-shaped pancakes.  Then, for dinner I found this cute ravioli at Costco that was in the shape of a heart.  They also had beets (for red, of course), salad and bread.  Then, I gave them candy chocolate hearts for dessert.  I think they liked it.  Sam kept talking about it all week long.  Here are a few pics from the day.





Now we are looking forward to St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment