Monday, August 20, 2012

Simon is 2!

I can't believe my baby turns 2 today.  It has been difficult at times watching him grow, knowing he's my last baby to go through the various stages.  I vividly remember a time when he was about 7 months old.  I was giving him his bottle, right before bedtime.  He often would grasp onto my finger with his little fist when I was feeding him.  That night he seemed to hold on tight, like he would never let go.  His eyelids closed and he began to drift to sleep, but I just wanted to hold him forever.  Now, even a few months later, I know these precious moments won't last forever.  He is growing more independent every day.  And while I'm thankful he is a healthy boy, growing up as he should, there are times when I wish I could freeze time and hold on to him just as he is.  I love you Simon!  Happy Birthday!

Minutes Old

1 Day Old

1 Month Old

1 Year Old

2 Years Old

No comments:

Post a Comment