Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall

I love this time of year!  I love seeing the trees turning beautiful colors.  I love the smell of pumpkins, apples, smokey fires.  I love baking yummy pumpkin pies or breads, apple pies and other yummy treats.  I love snuggling up on the sofa with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate.  I love the crisp, cool mornings.  I even love the rain.

This past weekend we celebrated this wonderful season by going to a pumpkin patch.  I used to take the boys when we lived in Loma Linda.  But we missed last year, probably because I was still learning how to deal with having 3 kids.  So I was excited to go again this year.  The first thing we did was go through the corn maze.  I was very impressed with Daniel's sense of direction.  He led us all the way through and then back out again.  After that, it was a little lunch mixed in with pony rides for the older boys.  Then, it was on to a hay ride which took us out to the far reaches of the farm and a very big patch of pumpkins.  They even had white pumpkins which caught our attention.  Finally, we rode back to purchase our pumpkins along with a piece of pumpkin pie and ears of corn.  I would say it was a successful trip, and we all had lots of fun!

In Front of the Corn Maze

Daniel Picking out a White Pumpkin

Sam Enjoying the Pony Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment