Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Figgy

I have owned a cat for as long as I can remember.  My first cat was Patches.  She was a calico, long-haired cat.  We got her before I can remember.  She had lots of kittens.  She was a very good mother and a good hunter.  She lived a full life and died of old age.  I can't remember exactly how many years she lived.  Then, we inherited an orange, short-haired male cat called Quimby.  He was one of Patches' kittens.  He was my sister's cat, but then she had to get rid of him, and she gave him back to us.  I adopted him.  We think he got hit by a car or died of unnatural causes, because one day he never came home.  He was probably around 7 years old when he died.  When I moved out on my own for the first time, I immediately got a cat.  His name was Drake.  He was a black and white, short-haired cat.  He went outdoors a lot and unfortunately was hit by a car.  He was only 4 years old.  After that, I swore I would never own an outdoor cat again.  Next, I was given a cat by one of my students.  Her name was Cleo.  She was a long-haired, all black cat.  She lived indoors with me, but died early, I think because of liver failure.  She just quit eating and lost so much weight.  We finally put her to sleep.  She was only about 5 years old.  Soon after that, we got Figgy.  She is a short-haired, calico.  We've had her since 2003.  She is a sweety and puts up with a lot of the boys' pestering.  Here are some of my favorite pics of her.
Checking Her Email
Doing The Dishes
Cat-Napping

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this. Cats are the greatest pets!

    ReplyDelete