Friday, February 18, 2011

Holidays

I love the Holiday Season.  For me, it starts in October with Halloween.  I start to get excited about the upcoming holidays.  I love Thanksgiving.  It might be my favorite.  It brings family together.  I have fond memories of sitting by the fire, eating good food and the anticipation that I still have Christmas to look forward to.  Then, of course, there is Christmas.  Christmas is fun, and although I used to be sad when Christmas and New Years were over, now I look forward to what comes after those holidays...Spring!  With Spring comes Valentine's Day.  I love the hearts, the candy, the flowers...all of it!  The next holiday I like to celebrate is St. Patrick's Day.  Not that I'm Irish, but in the past couple of years I've had fun preparing a "green" meal for my family.  Last, but not least, for me is Easter.  Of all of the holidays, Easter is my favorite candy holiday.  But I also enjoy coloring eggs and hiding them.  I suppose I can't write this without mentioning July 4.  I do love that holiday too, but I don't think of it as part of the holiday season.  I see it as an added extra in the middle of summer.  I love celebrating all of the holidays.  And I've enjoyed celebrating them with my kids now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment