Thursday, January 20, 2011

What Is Normal?

As I watch my children throughout the day, I often ask myself, "What is normal?"  Is this behavior that I am witnessing normal for children?  Normal for boys?  Or are my boys cut from a different cloth.  I often hear words such as "poopy", "yuck!", or watch them attempt to play a game called Monster.  And while I try not to force them to be any other than who they are, I do want them to be respectful and love one another as well as those around them.   It amazes me that I have created these new beings with a will to have their own opinions and be uniquely independent of me.  But sometimes I just have to ask, "Why can't they be a little more normal?"

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, my friend. And now I feel not so alone from reading your blog! So happy to see you blogging again, I like this photo-your boys are happy and lucky to have you as their Mom.

    ReplyDelete